How to Prepare for Your Airbrush Tan:
- Exfoliate WELL the night before your appointment over any areas that move (Elbows, Knees, Ankles, Wrists, Neck, Hands, Feet, Hips, Breast, Etc.)
- Shave your legs the night before.
- Do not put any lotions, oils, perfumes, deodorant, or makeup to the skin, as this will cause a barrier resulting in splotchiness.
- Prepare to wear old, dark, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment as well as slippers or flip-flops on your feet.
At your Tanning Appointment:
- We will put a barrier on your feet and heels as well as the palms of your hands.
- We will protect the nails as well.
- You may be tanned in anything you feel comfortable in. Example: Anything from a Bathing Suit to nothing. It all depends on what you are comfortable in and what type of tan lines you are okay with. We also have some disposable bras and thongs, if needed.
- The appointment will last 30 minutes, tops!
- The solution its self is clear, however, we do add in a color guide (temporary) solution that will allow us to see where we’ve sprayed, and you can see an instant tan!
- You’ll air-dry for about 3 minutes because we do not force dry to prevent splotchiness.
- We’ll powder any areas where skin touches skin, i.e. the bend of the arm, the neck, armpits and knees.
- Then, you’ll be good to go!
After Care of your Tan:
- After your appointment, you must wait at least 6 hours before getting wet or sweating so that your tan has time to process, so no bathing or exercise within those 6 hours! Plan on relaxing for the next 6 hours after your tan!
- As your 6 hours progress, you will see your tan getting darker and darker and darker! But don’t worry! This is just the tanning solution darkening under the color guide (temporary color). This will wash off when you take your shower, leaving a beautiful natural bronze color!
- Once you shower, to extend the life of your tan, try to not exfoliate as often (i.e. shave, loofa, etc.) and also moisturize 1-2 times daily.
- Great News: We do FREE Touch-ups for the first 24-hours after your tan. We are confident that you will not need it because of the tan itself, however, in the event that you are rained on or hit with a sprinkler on your way out to the car, we’ll take care of it! However, you must notify your Artist immediately if this happens, and you’ll know if you need it after your shower, which is 6-8 hours after your tan.
For a Special Event, Your Airbrush Tan must be completed AT LEAST 2 days prior to your Event. Why? … So there is time for touch-up, if needed, and you have plenty of time to wash all of the color-guide (temporary) solution off (completely off in 2-3 showers).